This fun take on stuffed peppers was created from hispanic influences. I LOVE tacos, but I always have leftover taco meat when I cook them. This recipe allowed me to utilize a leftover, while making a hardy meal that is quick, easy and takes very little effort! These stuffed peppers can also be prepared even if you don’t have leftover taco meat! That being said, unless you’re making 12 peppers, you won’t use a whole pound of meat. However, I have some awesome ideas for some additional taco inspired recipes that will be coming out in the next few days! Stay tuned…
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
6 bell peppers
1/2-1 lb. ground turkey or beef
1 gluten-free taco seasoning packet (low sodium when possible)
1 cup of cooked white rice
1/2 can of whole kernel sweet corn
1/2 can of black beans
1 cup of Mexican style shredded cheese
1/4 cup of salsa or 1 diced tomato
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and cut the tops off of your 6 bell peppers. Remove seeds, so the inside of the peppers are hollow. Set to the side in a baking dish.
- Prep and begin cooking your white rice.
- While the rice is cooking, brown 1 lb. of meat, then follow directions provided on the back of the taco seasoning packet. You can also use leftover taco meat in place of this step.
- Once rice has finished cooking, measure 1 cup of cooked rice and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Place 1/2 lb. of seasoned meat into the mixing bowl with the rice.
- Add 1/2 can of corn, 1/2 can of black beans, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and either 1/4 cup of salsa or 1 diced tomato to the mixing bowl.
- Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Grab your baking dish with the hallow peppers and begin adding filling into each pepper. Push down ingredients lightly to maximize the amount of filling that is being placed in each pepper.
- Place the dish in the oven for 30 minutes covered with foil.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and add the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to the tops of each pepper. Bake for another 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove and serve.
This recipe makes 6 servings.
6 thoughts on “Fiesta Stuffed Peppers”
What a colorful healthy meal. 👏👏👏
Yes, I love incorporating color into my dishes when possible. I feel like it makes food more enjoyable for me!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I sooo agree with you. 100% 👏
Really pretty. Delicious too, I bet 🙂
Thank you! Yes, they are delicious and the best part is they don’t dry out during cooking.
So colorful 😍😍
LikeLiked by 1 person