Banana bread is trending, so I decided to make a healthier version of this recipe! For those of you that still want to indulge without blowing your diet or sugar for the day this recipe is for you!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
2 cups gluten free flour
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted coconut oil or any neutral oil (I used canola oil)
1/2 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels (gluten, dairy and nut free)
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut milk unsweetened or other milk alternative
1 tsp baking soda (NOT baking powder!!!)
1 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
1 tsp cocoa powder unsweetened
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
optional: 1/2 walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, honey and milk until well blended.
3. Add the eggs, mashed banana, baking soda, salt, gluten free vanilla, cocoa powder and cinnamon to the bowl. Whisk until well blended.
4. Add the flour and chocolate chips to the mixture and fold the ingredients with a spoon until the ingredients are melded together. If nuts are being added to this recipe, you can add them at this step.
4. Grease a standard loaf pan, then pour the batter into the pan. Smooth the top to make the loaf as even as possible.
5. Place the loaf in the oven and cook for approx. 50-60 minutes. This will depend on your oven. You will know it’s done when you poke the center with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
6. Once done, remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
7. You can serve right away or place in a container to preserve the loaf.
This recipe creates 10 servings.